Gainsborough’s Townscape Heritage Initiative is delighted to return to you with the Merrye Olde Market, featuring costumed historic stall-holders and vintage sideshows to delight and amuse the whole community.
Come along to the Market Place on Saturday 13th August to enjoy the carnival atmosphere and catch all the following amusements from 9am until 3pm.
- Free Punch and Judy shows presented by Professor Paul Temple, as seen on TV
- Carousel Rides FREE for children
- A vintage fairground organ
- A vintage fairground striker
- Live performances from PACS
- Victorian Street Games from Everybody Active
- Appearances by Peter Rabbit
- Marshall’s Vintage Tractors presented by Gainsborough Heritage Association
- Dressing up and photo opportunities in the stocks from the Old Nick Theatre and Police Museum
- A mystery object table with artefacts from Childhoods Gone By, from the THI
- Gainsborough’s Farmer’s and Craft Market
Punch and Judy shows are scheduled to begin at:
10.00 am, 11.00 am and 1.00 pm
The sideshows are hosted by our local visitor attractions including Gainsborough Heritage Centre, The Old Nick and Gainsborough Old Hall. Also, Discover Gainsborough will be there to share information about all that the town has to offer.
We are all currently looking for volunteers and would welcome a chat, so if you are interested in joining us then come along and say hello.
The Townscape Heritage Initiative has volunteer positions in the following areas. Click on the descriptions below to find out more!
Furthermore, we would like to thank all players of the National Lottery for making this event possible. The Gainsborough Townscape Heritage Initiative is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
This event was also funded by the government’s Levelling Up Fund.